Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Story on Weightlifting

Well, the other day in weightlifting we had to do benchpress (my first time ever in the weightroom and doiong bench press). We had to lift the 45 pound bar. I layed down on the bench and my spotter gave me the bar. I could maybe lift the bar 2 or 3 times by myself and then my spotter had to help me. That shows you how weak I am. Thursday was another bench press day, but luckily the weightlifting teacher had a 15 lbs bar for me and 6 other people to use. I ended up lifting 35 lbs 12 times. Friday, we had to do squats with a 45 lbs bar behind our head. Let me say, my legs are killing me today, especially my thighs, but that's ok because I know in the end, all this will help me get stronger for tennis!

No comments: